Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blogtoberfest - Day 3 - End of School Holidays

So the school holidays come to an end. Children frown while the parents either go yeah or cry, depending on the parent I guess. My son and I did everything these holidays that we had put on the wish list except one (Tulip Festival).

School holidays are very different now to when I was a child. I sometimes feel there is more demand now to entertain the kids. If you plan it well, you can send your child to circus training for around $300, do workshops, or even cooking classes. The list goes on and on. Are children expecting to much these days? Or have parents done this to themselves? All these activities cost money. I sometimes look at these activities and think, how do parents afford all these activities? I have one child, so goodness knows how parents cope financially with more than one child. The mind boggles.

As I said, we completed most things on the list. Broke now..........

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a chocker block holiday for both of you! i think that we do entertain our kids too much. There is a lot to be said for letting them get bored enough to dream up stuff. Having said that... i HATE it when my kids are bored - makes life so much harder for me LOL

    ReplyDelete