Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sonic the Hedgehog Costume - My Creative Space

It's been forever since I last took part in Kootoyoo's Creative Space. So here goes.

For those who don't know, I'm deeply immersed into the subject of science fiction in all it's shapes and forms.  Our son has also taken up the interest and of course computer games.  He asked if we could make a Sonic the Hedgehog costume for some up-and-coming science fiction conventions.  I'm not a costumer, my knowledge on sewing is basic, but I thought, why not.  It would be a great challenge.

My son found this amazing tutorial on Youtube .  So basically we are using this as a guide.




Well so far, so good.  Our progress so far.



We purchased wire from Bunnings, made the frame, paper mached it and
placed a bike helmet inside. Fur is purchased from Spotlight and foam from Clark Rubber.

Our next step was making the 6 spikes that appear on the head.



Well it's getting there.  Will keep you posted.

To see more Creative Spaces, fly over to here. 

2 comments:

  1. That is so nice you making it together. It's looking great already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is lovely making the costume together. My son is starting learn how to use the sewing machine.

      Delete