Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Book Review - The Art of Decorative Paper Stencils 2


The Art of Decorative Paper Stencils 2
Kanako Yaguchi
2009  ISBN-13: 978-1-59253-538-5


I recently borrowed from my local library, The Art of Decorative Paper Stencils 2 by Kanako Yaguchi.  What a gorgeous book!


The reader has the opportunity to try out her paper stencils. There is a 'How to use this book' and diagrams on different ways to fold paper.


Kanako Yaguchi likes to illustrate her travels and experiences in different countries through patterns and paper cutting stencils. The reader sees paper stencils representing Jamaica, Japan, San Francisco, Berlin and so on. The photos are colorful and clear.


I gave the Vienna inspired paper stencil ago. The end result was pleasing.



To conclude the book ends with a few projects that one can do - 'Decorating your travel memories with paper stencils'. There is patterned paper included, you just need a pencil and scissors.



Overall I liked this book and I hope to purchase my own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment