Friday, January 8, 2010
Kreativ Blogger Award for little me.
I was surprised recently to read on Konstant Kaos blog that she had chosen me and six others for a Kreativ Blogger Award. It made my day, and gave me a spring in my step. Thank you Margaret! I further read to see that I had to choose 7 bloggers who I would like to give the award to and also write 7 things about myself.
The deal with this award is that you have to spread the love around!
To keep it growing I have to follow 7 rules:
1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and
3) link to their blog.
4) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
5) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
6) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
7) Notify your 7 bloggers.
Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
1) Have been a volunteer for the Melbourne Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. I helped them obtain a little media coverage and tried unsuccessfully to get sponsorship. Once companies hear the words gay etc, they are reluctant. That was back in the early 90s, don't know what it's like now.
2) I have hugged Simon Le Bon (Lead singer of Duran Duran). Well it was more like throw myself at him. My excuse is that I was a young teenage fan.
3) I got to see my son for the first time after he was born, 3 days later. I was extremely sick with preeclampsia
4) Was the co-Editor of Sonic Screwdriver for the Doctor Who Club of Victoria when I was 15.
5) Learnt a little rap dancing when I was 15. It was all the rage back in the 80s. It was fun and tiring.
6) Did 10 years worth of volunteer work for Amnesty International.
7) Always wanted to be a famous gymnast like Olga Korbut and go to the Olympics. However school got more demanding and I discovered the world of science fiction clubs and conventions, which is my first love.
Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
I actually found this difficult, because there are so many talented people out there that I'm in awe of.
Whisker Graphics (USA Blog)
When I first started researching stationery and all things paper I found Whitney's site. Her travels have made me feel that I'm not alone on my big journey. Whitney is so creative, I wish I had her energy.
Little Cooties (Australian Blog)
Fab makes these such cute clothes for children. She has a very sleek blog site which is a must to visit. Her business is growing at such a rate, I cant keep up.
The Stationery Place (USA Blog)
Yardage Design (Australian Blog)
Nic is new on the block. I love her screen prints and I want to see more of her drawings! I am so looking forward to her Made It store, hint, hint.
Rabbit and the Duck (Australian Blog)
I enjoy seeing Shannon's work and photos appear on her blog, always gives me a happy fuzzy feeling. You know that feeling, when your sitting reading your favourite book and having a hot chocolate.
Creative Fidget (Australian Blog)
Trudi is one talented woman. She can knit, illustrate, weave, write, and much more. She has such creative energy. I would love to have even a slice of that energy for myself. :-)
Jaboopee (Irish Blog)
Met Elaine through the virtual world because of Noddy . Elaine works in the field of glass and mosaic. Her blog is just full of colour, I love it.
Well that's it. Thank you to Margaret, once again. :-)