Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Love Stationery - Book Review

It's been far too long since I posted, I think this cold weather just makes me want to hibernate. Well I thought I would start with a book review.

I saw I Love Stationery on this blog and I just had to buy it! Finally a decent book about modern stationery.





I Love Stationery: Inspirational techniques, materials, and practitioners
Jacqui Small 2012
ISBN 978-1-906417-69-7


The book is divided into Techniques and Practitioners, for example hand-drawn illustrations to block printing to 3-D stationery.  There is a delicious selection of different stationery artists from around the world. Explaining their style, techniques and a even a description about their business.The illustrations are certainly eye candy for any stationery enthusiast. Presented well and full of inspiration. 


  


To end we are presented with a list of resources, suppliers, blogs and online communities and trade shows.
I wish there had been a chapter on how one can get their work into the retail industry, how to get a rep and any other handy hints. Maybe the next edition could include this.

Overall I loved the book, inspirational and informative, would recommend it to any stationery buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment