Thursday, July 12, 2012

Holiday Reading

School holidays are almost over. In amongst organising activities for my son, I have been doing the odd spot of reading. So I thought I would share once again what treasures I have.



Lord of the Flies by William Golding
LotF has been one of those books I have been meaning to read for years. One hears it referenced to and sometimes joked about it in cartoons.  So when I saw a new edition, in the local library, I snatched it and thought this is the time to read it.  Good so far.


The Boy Who Fell to Earth by Kathy Lette
I can relate to this book immensely.  I have laughed, but there has always been a little bit of sadness behind the laughter. It's a fictional novel about one mothers highs and lows dealing with her son Merlin who has aspergers. A must read.

Around the Corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman
What an eye candy book, when it comes to pretty crochet borders. The biggest problem I have is which one do I choose from the 150 borders!?


No comments:

Post a Comment