Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vintage Greeting Cards

























Once again while my mum was searching through old family historical records, she came across some vintage greeting cards. Which of course I had to share with you all.

This first card is my favourite. It was given to a past family member in 1912! The raised forget-me-not flowers feel like some kind of fabric. It is a birthday card with the words inside, saying:-

Is not the flowers upon the card The lines that there appear. It is the sender's true regard that wishes the wish sincere.
Clifton Bingham

























The second card is a Christmas card, dated 1920. There is no writing inside, but you can see it is from a family member in Balaklava, South Australia.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! When Jack was born my Nanna and Poppa sent two cards, which look as old as I am. I'll have to remember to ask about them one day.

    ReplyDelete