Sunday, December 9, 2012

#reverb12 Day 9 My Favourite Book for 2012

I missed yesterday's #reverb12, life gets in the way, especially when we are moving closer to Christmas

Today's question is

What was the best book you read in 2012, and why?


I fully admit, I haven't quite finished this book, but I do know it has been the best book I've read in 2012.  Ellsworth-Jones has written a comprehensive book about the Bristol graffiti artist Banksy.  Banksy identity is a mystery to the world. He has risen from a street graffiti artist to an international artist who's work goes for thousands of pounds. 

I loved this because it's well researched. Not only does one get to read the steady rise of Banksy but also get an insight to what makes a graffiti artist tick. Why do they do it? What does it all mean? Also very interesting to read about the industry of  fake art and the shear amount of money that is made. 

Banksy: The Man behind the wall, is a must to read if you're interested in Banksy, art and political statements. 


This is one of my favourite Banksy pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment